Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Strawberry Letter (Pimpology 101 Returns)


I was going to write about Super Tuesday, but I was listening to The Strawberry Letter on The Steve Harvey Morning Show and I HAD to say somethin!

Before I let yall read this letter, let me say this about Hillary Clinton:

SHE IS NOT BILL CLINTON!

1. She is not the type of politician Bill was. She will fuck us all. Check the records.
2. She doesn't like people or care to be liked. She is not racist. She just doesn't care for any group of people. Even women!
3. Perhaps the biggest difference. She don't get no ass like Bill does! (See I said "does". He still gettin it!)


Back to this letter. Read it, comments please, and I'll do another blog to detail my response.
Date: 02/06/2008
Subject: Am I a Good Man?

Good Morning - Steve, Shirley & Tommy. I want to first start off by saying that you guys are an inspiration and keep up the good work. I am currently in a relationship with a woman who has somehow stripped me of my dignity as a black man. She's a mexican-american woman. I am contemplating on leaving this woman and have been for sometime. I just don't know how. I cannot gather up enough courage to do so...A little background in our relatiionship. During the early stages in our relationship - she has talked so negative about the black race stating that black people are ignorant, lazy and ugly...That I was lucky that she even gave me a chance. Because of these sterotype she has about black people I stayed in the relationship to change that myth, however in the process I've been stripped of my dignity and self-respect. She has slapped and punched me; she has called me a stupid N with the "ER" at the end; she has caused me to drop out of graduate school; she had taking control of my entire pay check only providing me with a enough money to travel to and from work; she has taken limited communication with any of my friends and family; she demand back massages every night; I moved in with her, but I don't have a key to her apt., she states that I need to earn it by "behaving"; she altered my visting schedule w/my daughter from every weekend to every other weekend; she states that the only thing my daughter should get from me is child support and nothing above and beyond that; She gives me a daily allowance of $5 from a monthly check of over $4,000 net; She gets upset over the simpliest thing and we stay up arguing until its time to go to work the next morning; she will not allow me to go to bed, if she feeling upset or angry about anything; she refuses to discuss my issues; I told her that I wanted to strengthen my relationship w/daughter and she's against it because it may take time and resource away from us; she sometime makes me leave and sleep outside in the cold as a punishment for making her upset. The last time i made her upset was when I told her I was to work on the relationship with my daughter, especially since she starts highschool next year; she takes and hide my driver's license, passport & car keys and since, I don't have the keys to her house, I cannot simply go there when she's at work. There's not a day that I wish I was dead. Steve, Shirley & Tommy: I know this relationship is not healthy, but the problem is I am afraid of her; She always make me feel like I am the problem and I think its working - whenever, I gather up enough strength to leave, I fill guilty. I need some solid advice, please give me advice how to get myself out of them. Signed: Am I a Good Man?


Well what is there to say?? No he's not a good man....he's not even A man! I mean what kind of a real man with any pride and knowledge of self would let another woman treat him in such a way to prove a point?? What kind of a man allows another person to disrespect, degrade and destroy the very essence of who and what they are so that they can call themselves a good man? What kind of a man allows himself to be seperated from his own blood and allows someone else to control his destiny (finances, education, his comings and goings)??????
And I'm not gonna clown the brotha for saying that he's scared of this chick but I'm gon do it like Steve.....nowhere in this letter did he say that this woman is violent(ok she slapped and punched him) but as a grown @zz man if a slap or a punch from a woman incites that much fear......than droppin out of grad school was the best thing for him to do. That boy needs some karate lessons. or that she's threatened his child? So what are you scared of? He's not scared....HE'S WEAK!
When that chick started talkin reckless about your race and your culture that should've been his sign to break out the machete and cut that broad off! He's so weak....even in the very act of this letter while he calls himself reaching out for help its just weak. He dropped out of school because of himself not because of her, he cut his visits w/ his daughter because of him!
I can't take him!

I would love to hear what Steve had to say!

Man, I was gonna drop something about super tuesday too, but I'm slacking today. In any case, you're definitely right. Hiliary is NOT Bill!!! She's got a lot of drawbacks for me, primarily being that I think she'll just bring more party politics to Washington with her. She comes off as being very devisive person. What people want is CHANGE. How can there be change, if we keep electing politicians who conduct business in the same manner as the people who got us into the mess that we're in now? I think that's what has people rallying behind Obama. One of the commentators made a very insightful point last night on CNN. He said that Hiliary is running a strong campaign, but that it's difficult to combat a movement. Those words are strong (think about the civil rights movement...the Jim Crow south tried to stop it and eventually failed). Movements are stronger than anyone person. Movements unite people across all lines...race, gender, status...and bring them together to effect change. I think if people really take a hard look, being President shouldn't be all about experience (which is something that I give Hilary credit for), but it should also be about uniting people. And that's something that I think Obama is definitely more qualified to do.
In any case, what's up with this cat who wrote this letter??!!! I mean after reading that shit I was like WTF? I mean, he must have no self-esteem whatsoever to stay in a relationship like that one. Scratch that, to even get involved with someone with an opinion like the one she had is completely crazy. How are you going to justify a relationship by saying that you hope to change the opinion of a person about an entire race of people? It's insane. I've got two words for that guy, MAN UP! If he doesn't have any kids by this woman, he needs to be a MAN and kick her to the curb! He makes upwards of $4,000 a check, he can obviously support himself! It sounds more like she's living off of him that anything else. She talks about black people being lazy, but she's living off a brother, isn't that a little bit hypocritical? It's amazing to think that a person can have this type of effect on another. She's degrading him to the point where he feels ashamed to do what he knows he should. He definitely needs help, but I think first he needs to help himself and get out of that relationship....and I'm out!

I'm voting republican so I can care less about Hillary... as for the good man strawberry letter; I don't think its a good, bad, black, white or brown issues. We tell others "false whys" to support how long we chose to tolerate a problematic relationship in hopes that we'll someday believe it to be "true", but ultimately, it's simply that "a choice". That man made a choice to be with that woman and likewise can choose to leave her... but what's pimpish about?

How very Republican an answer to both items. The pimpin is on her end and he has all the symptoms of a typical hoe. But wait for my full response...


And thanks for sharing!

What the HELL?!

No comments:

Post a Comment